Tuesday 8 November 2011

Some Preliminary Influence Maps for The Fall of the HIouse of Usher


Exterior

Interior
 
  
Colour Palette Interior


Colour Palette Exterior

Here I have assembled some Influence Maps for The Fall of the House of Usher. The Interior and Exterior maps contain some quite Gothic shapes although quite a lot of Gothic architechture is incredibly over the top and I'm trying to stray away from a classic Disney-esque castle type structure with lots of turrets. I think the house needs to be more of a manor house but still retain some of the freedom and the fantasy that it requires.

The Colour Pallette maps are just a to show what type of atmosphere I'll be trying to portray in my Paintings. the two scenes I have chosen from this book are in the evening so there are lots of saturated oranges and pinks in the sky and from the lamps but I also want to throw in those dark shadows not too dark but just enough to portray evening believably.  


No comments:

Post a Comment